Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Civil War Sewing Time on the 4th

I hope everyone had a fun Independence Day holiday weekend! We had our Civil War Sunday sewing time on the 4th of July, and here are a few show and tell items that came. Peggy Poole was working on this beautiful nine patch quilt, and in very appropriate colors for the day!

This is Sheri Thompson's version of the same quilt done in different color tones. Sheri got her top finished on Sunday ~ nice progress for a sewing afternoon.

Peggy also brought in her huge, finished Thimbleberries Club project from a couple of years back. (This quilt is so big, the girls had to hold it up sideways, and I've turned the picture). It was quilted by Sheri Thompson of Pieceful Completion with a beautiful all over feather design, and now Peggy just has to bind it to have a lovely new bed quilt. I have this one in progress...somewhere, and this makes me want to pull it back out!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Dawn, the quilts look great! I am sorry I missed the meeting. Hubby was free for the entire day so I took advantage of that! See ya!

Jocelyn said...

These are beautiful!

Carol said...

Beautiful quilts...I don't think you can ever go wrong with a 9 patch! Love them!

SheilaC said...

Dawn, did you check out the Quilting Challenge blog yet???? You might want to :)

LOVE this quilt!

SheilaC