Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cutting Right Into the New Year!

Happy New Year!  It seems I've taken a two week "computer sabbatical" ~ I did hop on the computer and check Facebook occasionally (and touched base with my stores of course), but for the most part I kept the little bugger completely turned off throughout the Holidays...and it was decadent!

Now after two weeks of worshiping, playing, cooking, eating, unwrapping, toasting, and all around celebrating I'm feeling fresh and ready to put the nose back to the ole grind stone :) 


I did do some designing during my down time, and these are some piles of fabrics that I've received from Red Rooster Fabrics for two upcoming projects for Quilt Magazine.  The first pile is a happy collection called Lil Miss Cutie Patootie Springtime, and the second is a reproduction group called Elm Creek Quilts Anneke's Collection.  I'm cutting into them now, and will be sewing away with them the next few weeks, I'll post some little sneak peeks as I can :)

And tonight I'm enjoying some bean soup, and hand applique time in my easy chair. (I'm working on a block for the Baltimore Applique Society that I hope to have finished by the meeting the third week of this month ~ more on that soon!) I'd love to hear what you are working on in the New Year!

In the meantime...
"Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man."  ~Benjamin Franklin       My very favorite New Year quote :)

Wishing You a Happy and Healthy 2011!
~ Dawn

4 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Lovely fabrics to work with Dawn! It will be fun to see what you create! I am with out a machine in a warmer climate, so I am working with minimal accessories on some hand stitching projects.

Taryn said...

First on my list is my block for the BAQ quilt. Got to get that done this week. I love the bright fabrics - something I really need to lift the end of holiday blues.

Rita said...

Happy New Year, Dawn. I took out one of my UFO's today and am finishing it up. It feels good to cross off one of my many projects.

FabricFascination said...

That is a very nice quote. Can't wait to see your projects!