Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Love of Cross Stitch Lives On

Yesterday while out running errands with Heather, she asked if we could make a quick stop at Joann's because she needed a couple skeins of floss to finish up the cross stitch project she has been working on. 

The neat thing about that was that she's almost finished with this sampler.  I used to cross stitch a lot, and had started this project years ago.  I had only gotten a little bit of the center of this project done, and then I got busy working in a quilt shop...

So along came my Heather to the rescue, who has a natural talent with needle arts.  She had been doing punchneedle projects (including the punchneedle center for the sample of my Snowflake Punchneedle Pillow that's in the current issue of Create & Decorate Magazine), and she had made several previous cross stitch projects for gifts.  

Heather took over my fledgling cross stitch UFO and is almost finished!  I can't wait to see it all done.  I love samplers, and the cool folk art whimsy of this pattern.  Some time soon, I'll show it to you all finished and framed :)  Thanks Heather!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Definitely worth rescuing! It's beautiful.