Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting Things Finished and Put Back Together

I'm working on quilting my Holiday Inn quilt to put in our guild's show next week. I will get it done in time! But since I don't have anything new finished, I thought I'd show another of my favorite little tools. The Clover white marking pen is a really great little gadget for marking quilting lines. The beauty of this pen is that the marks come off when you iron them. If you are not familiar with this pen though, be patient when applying it ~ it's practically invisible when you write with it, and the marks get whiter after sitting a few minutes.

And I'm finally getting furniture and stuff put back in my green satellite sewing room. There is more to organize yet ~ Notice I'm not showing you the walk-in closet, that will have to wait for another day!

My design wall is now in place. This is a homemade job that was constructed from a 1/2" thick, high density foam board that I got at the home center and cut to size (it cuts nicely with a box cutter), and I covered it with flannel (just wrapped it around and hot glued the edges to the back). Then I screwed it up to the wall with drywall screws ~ very low tech, and easy enough that I did it all by myself :)

We set up a twin size bed in here for when Elsie comes to visit. These two blank walls and the bed give me more places to display quilts...and after all it's all about the quilts, right?

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

7 comments:

Carol said...

What a wonderful room! I love that Clover pen!

Dawn said...

Nice room,Dawn! Great design wall!

Shelley said...

Nice room, but we wanna see the closet!!LOL!

Sherri said...

Everything looks great...love the Clover pen...had never heard of that before!

Jan said...

I want to see the closet too. It IS full of fabric, right?! :) I really like your design wall, good job on that!! I need to make one myself.

Rita said...

Love your design wall. I pinned cotton batting to the wall temporarily and the was years ago..it works, but I like you idea.

Sherri said...

I can't wait until I can have a room for all my crafts! I am jealous! I love the design board idea, I will have to make one for myself!