Monday, April 5, 2010

a Work-In-Progress Becomes a Quilt

I'm celebrating because I got this long-time-work-in-progress finally finished. I had pieced the top to teach a class in the Quilt Smart method of making a Double Wedding Ring quilt. Then after the class ran, I had set it aside for a long time.

My friend Mary of Keep Me In Quilts did the beautiful machine quilting on it for me.

These pictures don't really show her quilting as well as I like, it's just awesome in person.

The motifs that she used, just fit the spaces perfectly. I finally got some binding on it this week, and it's going to be a gift for a good friend of mine :)

Now I need to think of a special way to label this quilt. (I'm pretty bad about following up on these babies once they're finished and getting a label on them). I'm open to suggestions ~ How do you label your quilts? I'd love to hear!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

4 comments:

kimbuktu said...

What a beauty!

I am not good about the labeling either, so no help to you there.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Beautiful!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

The quilt turned out just beautiful Dawn! Labeling? Background fabric edged with a print, write on with marker and blind stitch on back corner?

pinsandneedles said...

The quilt is beautiful! The technique I use for labeling my quilts is I type the name of the quilt, who it is for, date finished, and my name into a word document. Then I print it out on a piece of muslin or other fabric cut 8 1/2 x 11 that I prepared by ironing a piece of freezer paper on the back. This makes it stiff enough to go thru my printer. (Periodically, my printer doesn't like to feed it, then I lightly tape it to a piece of computer paper.) I iron over the ink to set, cut the label to size, finish the raw edges and sew to back of my quilt.