Monday, April 5, 2010

a Work-In-Progress Becomes a Quilt

I'm celebrating because I got this long-time-work-in-progress finally finished. I had pieced the top to teach a class in the Quilt Smart method of making a Double Wedding Ring quilt. Then after the class ran, I had set it aside for a long time.

My friend Mary of Keep Me In Quilts did the beautiful machine quilting on it for me.

These pictures don't really show her quilting as well as I like, it's just awesome in person.

The motifs that she used, just fit the spaces perfectly. I finally got some binding on it this week, and it's going to be a gift for a good friend of mine :)

Now I need to think of a special way to label this quilt. (I'm pretty bad about following up on these babies once they're finished and getting a label on them). I'm open to suggestions ~ How do you label your quilts? I'd love to hear!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

3 comments:

FabricFascination said...

What a beauty!

I am not good about the labeling either, so no help to you there.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

The quilt turned out just beautiful Dawn! Labeling? Background fabric edged with a print, write on with marker and blind stitch on back corner?

pinsandneedles said...

The quilt is beautiful! The technique I use for labeling my quilts is I type the name of the quilt, who it is for, date finished, and my name into a word document. Then I print it out on a piece of muslin or other fabric cut 8 1/2 x 11 that I prepared by ironing a piece of freezer paper on the back. This makes it stiff enough to go thru my printer. (Periodically, my printer doesn't like to feed it, then I lightly tape it to a piece of computer paper.) I iron over the ink to set, cut the label to size, finish the raw edges and sew to back of my quilt.