Thursday, April 8, 2010

Twinkle Twinkle

I finished my Snowbound Snowman block for March last night ~ and we're only one week into April! When Elsie was visiting a few weeks ago and saw it in progress, she started singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ~ a cute little memory I have to go along with this block :)

I've even started the April block ~ how's that for progress? You can download the free pattens for Anne Sutton's Snowbound blocks 1-4 here.

This is the other thing I did yesterday, while Bobby is on Spring Break and willing to help me. First I emptied out all of the things that I had moved into Heather's old bedroom after she moved out (it's becoming my satellite sewing room...kind of a designing, cutting, storage room). I'm slowing turning that end of the house into what I lovingly refer to as the "sewing wing". Then we spackled...

...and spackled

...and spackled. Can you believe the amount of nail and pin holes that a teenage girl can put into walls? We were kind of impressed.

Then after that drying, and a coat of primer, this lovely green went up (my colors on the computer are not nearly as nice and happy as it is in person).

I love a freshly painted room! Today I plan on touching up the woodwork trim, and then I can start to put all my stuff back in. So I guess I'd better get off this computer and get going to it :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

8 comments:

Karen said...

I like the stripe background you have used for the Snowbound block. A good choice.

Nancy said...

I love love love a freshly painted clean room. I also LOVE to paint them... all the time... I am so ready to paint again, but we have our house up for sale and I can't... but I CAN dream about our new house (that we haven't found yet) and all the new paint I can lay there...

Jan said...

That snowman block is super cute!!!!!
The color you put in your new sewing room is beautiful. I love it. It will be a wonderful space to be creative. :)

Kim said...

I like the idea of a "Sewing Wing". Every house should have one. Hee! I like the fresh color. Cute snowman block, too.

Rita said...

What a cute block. I also like the idea of a "Sewing Wing". I think that's what I should do, LOL!

QuilterMary said...

WOW ... you've been busy! Bet Bobby will be glad when spring break is over.

Carol said...

Oh my...how wonderful...a sewing wing...LOVE it!
Your Snowbound block is wonderful!

Miriam said...

I love your snowman!

You did a great job with the room! I love the green!!!