Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Calendar Quilt Update

Here is an update of my calendar quilt. I have 20 strips, one for each day of the year so far. I used this weekend to get that caught up. So far each strip does correlate with a project that I had been working on at the time ~ you can see some of my Cowboy fabrics, including one strip from the original "old" Cowboy quilt, some Thimbleberries fabrics for the January block of the 2009 Club quilt since I am leading that club at the shop, and several Pat Sloan fabrics from the Cafe project that I'm working on for the Sloanies Club that meets next week. The little white strips are for snowy days.

The first strip of the month will be a little larger each month and I'll applique a shape that is representative of that month. I plan to embroider on special days each month, like Bobby's birthday on January 3rd.

...And special days and holidays will be acknowledged. So far it's been an easy project to keep up with as there is always a strip left over when you are working on something. Let me know how you are doing on your Calendar Quilt!
Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your Obama strip! - pat sloan

Ya Chun said...

Are you machine embroidering the lettering? I want to embroider some of my days too, but would have to do it by hand.

Dawn said...

Yes, these are machine embroidered ~ I figured it would give me a reason to use the thing! I mostly do hand work myself. Thanks for asking!

Goosey said...

This challenge is such a good idea, I have only just found it and although I'm too late to join I shall do one anyway! Really love your strips so far.