Friday, January 23, 2009

An Elsie Post

Well, I learned to knit in 2008 ~ very basic knit & purl ~ so I of course made scarves! Here is the first little tiny scarf I knitted being "modelled" by my granddaughter Elsie (17 months old). Actually, she is taking it off. That's what she does, her mom puts it on ~ and she takes it off...Lisa has to snap the picture really quickly!

I plan to learn to do more with the knitting this year as we are now carrying Cascade yarns and knitting books and supplies at And Sew It Goes. The beginning knitting classes and Great American Afghan block of the month begins this Saturday at the shop. I think I'm going to take the beginning knitting because she is teaching how to increase and decrease and I don't do that yet. Who knows maybe later I can make a sweater for Elsie to take off :)

And for some extra eye candy, here is Elsie and her mom (my daughter Lisa) playing with the web cam. (You'll have to forgive me, I just can't get enough!)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: