Friday, January 9, 2009

Thimbleberries 2009 Begins!


Well last night we kicked off the Thimbleberries Club for 2009 at And Sew It Goes with the January Blocks. Each month we will make one 12" block and three 6" blocks in the Light Colorway that will scatter around the quilt (plus there are extra bonus projects). We had a great turn out for the meeting ~ All seats were full ~ but we can make room for more! I can't wait until next month for the show and tell that we'll see! Check out Thimbleberries website and sign up for Lynette Jensen's free monthly newsletter full of tips, free patterns and recipes.

I'm working hard to get the whole Thimbleberries quilt top done. Right now I'm on block set number 9, so I am ahead of the class, but so many people are coming in the shop asking to see the finished quilt, that I want to get it up on the wall. We have the Beautiful Maryland BOM quilt in the shop now (it's really there this time) for a limited time as Maria may need to take it somewhere else at some point. Mary has finished the quilt top for the Buck-a-Block BOM, and Carolyn is working hard on the Centennial BOM. Lots of exciting new things going on there!

I've started working on the Cowboy Quilt for the magazine, but I haven't gotten much sewing time in as I had a funeral to attend. Yesterday we layed to rest my Aunt Marie. It was a windy day at the cemetery, but very appropriate for such a whirlwind of a lady. It was my Aunt Marie who introduced me to the ocean, taking me along on their family trips to Nags Head to hang out with my cousin Jill, but the deal was this picky eater of a kid had to taste the seafood while we were there. She was always challenging me, which could be a little scary but always interesting - she definitely kept me on my toes! She is the one who finally got me to stop biting my nails, even getting out a microscope to show me what was under them - and it worked...eventually :) My Aunt Marie was a great presence in my growing up years and I know I'm a better person for having her touch my life. I think I'll go out and see who I can touch today!

Enjoy!
~ Dawn

No comments: