Saturday, June 27, 2009

Gingerbread in June?

Yesterday was quite possibly the hottest day of the year so far here (or at least up there near the hottest) and I was making Gingerbread Men. I made the top for this cute table runner from Pat Sloan's pattern called Gran's Gingerbread. It's a pretty good sized table runner measuring 20 x 42".

I embellished the little guys with buttons, but the smallest buttons I had were just too big for their eyes...so I'm deciding if I need to embroider little eyes, or just leave them as is. Suggestions are welcome :)

We're getting ready for our Christmas in July event at the shop coming up on July 10 - 12th, so we've all been working like little elves on some Christmas projects and cutting kits for them.

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Carla said...

It's very cute! I think I would put French Knots for eyes.