Monday, June 22, 2009

A New Project & Another Blog to Read

Do I really need to start a new project? Well no, it's not a 'need', but I'm doing it anyway. Maria O'Haver is teaching a sweatshirt jacket at the shop and I've decided to take her class. I've never made a one, so I thought it'd be fun to learn the process.

These pictures are a sneak peek at the beginnings of my jacket. I had already bought the pattern after seeing one that a lady had made last year at Quilt Market. It's called "Dressed to the Nines" from Moonlight Designs. Maria's class is a great catalyst to get me to make it. I'm using all batiks (that were already in my stash except for the focus fabric that you see on the bottom), and I'm being pretty random with it. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Also, I found a new blog to read and she's holding a giveaway this week. Sheree's Alchemy is a very interesting read. She designs some great kids clothing (which even though I haven't made clothes for years, I've been picking up patterns here and there to make some pieces for Elsie ~ there's so much cute stuff out there now). Sheree also has a lot going on with getting a new studio and her upcoming first booth at Fall Quilt Market. Best Wishes & Good Luck Sherree!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: