Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Works In Progress in the Garden

We have had rain/storms here just about every night for the last two weeks, so when we got a little reprieve on Sunday afternoon I had to get out into the garden to do a little grooming. These are the sunflower seeds that I planted on Mother's Day, they're really jumping up and the marigolds have filled right in. I can't wait until the Sunflowers bloom, they are going to look so happy!

...And we're starting to get bounty! Stuffed Peppers soon :) I have a couple of little tomatoes starting too.

I have to make a trip to the garden center for some more herbs to fill in the far center box, and as you can see we still have some of the brick walkway to finish (we were re-using our old brick and ran out). Just like my quilting, the gardening always has "works in progress". I think that's part of the fun.

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: