I don't seem to do very well with roses in my garden. When my Tea Rose didn't "wake up" this Spring, I decided not to replace it yet again, but to go with a stand of Black Eyed Susans instead. I still love roses though, so learning to make Ruched Roses at my Baltimore Applique class this month was a real treat. The above pink rose is my first practice piece.
I made this red rose to go on a block in my quilt. They are kind of addicting, once you get to making these. I'll be in the practicing phase of making these flowers for a while, but I'll definitely still use my practices! I want to get ahold of some great silk ribbon to make some now!
This is the finished block, although it's not been rinsed and pressed yet. I had already done much of the work on the leaves before hand, so this month I was able to finish it really early. Now to go back and put all of the finishing touches to last month's block. It's almost there, and I should be able to get some handwork done later this weekend when I go to Virginia and stay overnight to babysit Elsie. Hopefully I will be able to catch up on my Baltimore Applique blocks soon and to get back to my Tisket a Tasket blocks that I'm behind on!
Enjoy the day!