Thursday, June 25, 2009

Quilts to See and Some New Fabrics In the Shop

Yesterday we had our Sloanies club, and while we don't have anything new to show because we are still toiling away on our Walk in the Moonlight and Slice of Summer Quilts, Ruth Green brought in two other machine appliqued quilts for us to see. The one above is from Country Lore Designs called "A Slice of Summer". I have this quilt top made too, but I don't have it quilted yet. I love to see how Ruth quilts her backgrounds with the wavy grid work.

Ruth also did this quilt from Nancy Halverson's book called Calendar Quilts and Stitcheries. It's a really cute little quilt that can be done like a block of the month and she has embellished it with the button set that can be purchased through Just Another Button Company.

I love quilts that combine applique and stitchery. Thanks for sharing them Ruth!

Then in the afternoon, I opened some boxes of fabric for the shop and it was like Christmas! For you Jo Morton fans, we now have Harmonies in the house!

...And also from Andover is Stone Cottage designed by Renee Nanneman of Need'l Love.

I'll be loading all of these new fabrics on the shop website today. I can't wait to cut into some of these bolts, I definitely see a handbag somewhere in here :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: