Monday, August 3, 2009

...And the Winner Is


1. Wow is all I can say! I've been blown away by all the wonderful comments from so many visitors to my blog, and welcome to the new followers! I had to work this weekend, but came home each night and visited all of the blogs of the people who left comments, thanks for the added fun to my anniversary (we did have a great anniversary weekend, and he even brought me flowers!)

So I won't keep the suspense going any longer...the lucky number chosen by the Random Number Generator is #34 ~ Gin! (Email me Gin with your address so I can send your bundle on out to you)

2. And if you haven't seen it yet, here is another great blog giveaway at Mama Sparks blog She is giving away a $50 gift certificate from Bunny Hill Designs! Also, visit Anne Sutton's Bunny Tales blog and thank her for her generosity!

3. Now on to some other quilty stuff: Yesterday was Civil War Sunday at the shop, and the quilt block above is what I worked on. It's the next block in my Underground Railroad quilt. It's one of my "side projects", so I'm plugging away at it, getting it done about one block a month.

Dawn Burchett brought in a couple of projects to show. This is her current project using Civil War fabrics. I love the combination of pieced blocks and hand applique!

Then Dawn showed this little Pat Sloan flower basket wall hanging. It's not Civil War related, but we've been talking about how we quilt the little wall hangings. She is doing a great job of machine applique and machine quilting on this one.

I loved the little sunshine that she added in the upper corner. I thought it was a great touch!

Thanks again for all of the weekend anniversary magic from my blog friends! I feel so blessed :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

5 comments:

ooglebloops said...

Congratulations to the winner!!!
I thought I recognized a sloanie basket!!! Love the quilts!!

Bev C said...

Dawn, I am so glad you had a lovely weekend,with flowers included. Congratulations to the winner. Happy days.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winner...what I liked about this giveaway is I found this blog! Love civil war and your style...I'll be visiting often!

Messy Karen said...

congratulations to the winner. the fabrics and beautiful. and your new block Dawn is very nice.

Karen said...

How sweet of your hubby to bring you flowers! Hope you had time between work to have a great celebration for your 27th anniversary! Congratulations to #34 Gin on her win! I love your block from "civil war sunday"! Pieced blocks with applique always seem to blend really well. They were meant to be together.