Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Little Inspiration Trip

So the other day I took a little creative excursion to Ikea.  I love walking around there and checking out the displays and fun finds, and this trip was no exception.  I always snap pictures of things that inspire me.  It was funny that on this trip I saw some others taking pictures too :)

As soon as I move some things around and make a few adjustments, I'm going back for this piece.  I have the perfect place for it in my sewing room annex (aka Heather's old bedroom).

And this cool bed frame is going to be a new addition to my guest room (aka Lisa's old bedroom).  ...Much to Bobby's chagrin, I'm also making plans on what will one day be known as Bobby's old bedroom!

...Ikea has fabric too, and of course some of this had to come home with me!  This is heavy upholstery weight fabric and will make some great cushions.

I was also surprised to find that Ikea carries thread.  I bought some to try out and see if I like it...I'll keep you posted on that.

I found a couple other cute things (that of course had to come home with me) that I'll show later when I get the time to put them together :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Wow I've never seen Thread at our Ikea. I will have to be on the lookout.