Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sugary Sweet Baby Quilt

Voting is up for the last entry for this season's Project Quilting challenges!  This is my Sugary Sweet Baby Quilt.  The challenge involved using a large print fabric, and at least one stripe or plaid fabric.  I chose to use large prints in several ways.  First I used the big focus print as a large section of the quilt, just a little off centered.

Then I used some small and large prints in the pieced nine patch blocks that I then cut on a slant using the X-Block ruler.  I like the movement that the tilted nine patch blocks give to the piece, and the little pinwheel effect that is made where the blocks come together :)

I also cut a larger print up to make the narrow pink sashing strips; and the bright yellow binding is also a large print.  The striped fabric I used as accent sashing strips on either side of the large print.  

Go on over to Kim's blog to check out all of the other Large Print entries and to vote.  Leave a comment to be in the running for a cute little fabric bear for the giveaway!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

That X-block effect lifts it from the ordinary nice, to Very Nice :)
Thanks for showing it! Sharyn