Monday, March 21, 2011

My Little Bunch of Goodies


So after playing catch up at the end of last week, and then having to take a quick unplanned trip to Virginia on Saturday to help out with my grandbabies while both of their parents recover from an impromptu bout of food poisoning (yes, they were both really sick at the same time), I'm now back and finally getting to go through my little bunch of goodies from the Lancaster quilt show. 

I was actually really well behaved.  I suppose I'm pacing myself for all of the upcoming shows :)  I did get a wonderful bundle of cheddar fat quarters (because you can never have enough cheddar), and these little bundles of wool that I already have plans for.  I picked up the X-Block ruler and a book.  I loved some of the samples in their booth, and am playing with the ruler now ~ It looks like it'll be fun to use it with different fabrics for different effects.  I also picked up some more Bernina bobbins (I never have enough of them), and I ordered a little something from the Bernina dealer that'll be coming in the mail that I have plans for...I'll show it to you later if it works out ~ and no, it's not a new machine :(

I didn't take a bunch of show quilt pictures at this show, because I was just wandering and wasn't taking the time to watch signs as to which quilts I was allowed to photograph and which ones not (I just have to be in the mood to deal with all that sometimes, sorry), But here is a picture of a panel that I purchased from the Mary Koval Baltimore Album reproduction fabric from Windham...kind of like a quilt. 

...And just so you get a picture of a real quilt, here is my humble little Cathedral Window quilt that I made that holds my quilt show pins, complete with my new Lancaster 2011 pin :)

More quilt show fun this weekend with the Southern Comforter's Guild Show happening Saturday and Sunday, March 26 & 27th!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

4 comments:

Pat said...

What a cute idea for holding your quilt show pins. I hope your kids are over the food poisoning...NOT a fun thing to get. Unless AQS has changed their policy, they do let you photograph some quilts BUT they prohibit you from putting them anyplace online unless you have permission from the person who made the quilt, so don't feel badly that you didn't show any to us. (If you had, you'd have been breaking the AQS show rules!)

Jocelyn said...

When we visited the Nashville show 4 years ago, we saw mini quilts to display the show pins. Great idea, and one day I will get around to making one :-)

~*~Leanne~*~ said...

Can't wait to see what you're going to do with the wool you bought. Really cute quilt for your pins!
Leanne :)

Rita said...

Hi Dawn, I was at the show on Friday and really enjoyed it. Beautiful show and gorgeous weather made for a perfect day.