Thursday, March 17, 2011

Quilt Show Season Begins!

Don't you just love the sights and sounds of a quilt show?  Last weekend I visited the Baltimore Heritage Quilters Guild show called Quilt Expo 2011 held at Goucher College in Baltimore MD. 
It's been a long winter without any quilt shows, but Spring is almost here, and so the shows begin. When walking a quilt show, there are always the moments of awestruck beauty,

 ...Random inspirations, 
...and downright "yumminess" :)

And sometimes I run into my friends!  This striking Dear Jane was made by my friend Rita Clark.

This Dear Jane beauty was made by my friend Dawn Burckett of The Straw Needle blog.

And I remember when Joan Zelinka was lovingly stitching this wonderful piece at some of our Civil War Sunday meetings.  It's so neat when walking the isles of a quilt show, I spot a friend's quilt that I recognize :)

Hope Springs eternal with many more quilt shows.  The other day I ran up to Lancaster to the AQS Quilt Show with a friend of mine and we had a wonderful time!  The show's going on through Saturday, and if you're in the area and have the chance check it out...all I can say is wow!  I have a bunch of goodies to unpack...it's not my fault ~ the vendors were fantastic :)  and I'm still catching up from taking the day off, so I'll post more on Lancaster soon.

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: