Thursday, July 2, 2009

"Act II ~ The Hollywood Years"

I got the binding on the Hollywood quilt so it's ready to ship. I put black binding all the way around to frame it. This pattern and fabric line called "Lights, Camera, Action" was designed by Gail Kessler for Andover Fabrics. I had shown the quilt top a while back here on my blog.

My friend Mary Nielsen did the long arm quilting, and she did a design that has the happy and sad drama masks that works perfectly on this quilt!

I'm calling my version of the quilt, "Act II ~ The Hollywood Years" since Kate moved out to L.A. after graduating college to start the second part of her life trying to break into "The Biz".

Since there is so much fussy cutting in this pattern, I had a lot of fabric left over after completing the top that I could piece a back from. This is the back of the quilt ~ it's pretty much reversible, a nice little bonus! Another completed project crossed off the list :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: