Friday, July 24, 2009

Quilty Surprises and Friendship

Last night at the shop I had the best visitor. Rita from New Jersey stopped in with her mother-in-law after their trip down to see the Needleart Exhibit at Montpelier Mansion that I blogged about the other day ~ And she brought show and tell! Above is her Heartfelt Welcome quilt in yet another colorway than the ones I showed yesterday (which was really neat to see).

Rita and I seem to like pretty much the same things. Here is her Jo Morton Holiday Inn quilt. She did a beautiful blanket stitch on the applique, and I love the outer border fabric.

She also showed me her collection of Baltimore Album blocks (she has nine of them completed ~ just like me), but in our chit chatting, I didn't take pictures of them. And last but not least, I did get a photo of this cute little quilt done in 30s fabrics called Chubby Chicks from Black Mountain Quilts.

It's so nice to meet quilting friends, especially when you have so much in common! (Thanks for making my day Rita, I hope you had a safe trip back home!) There's not much better than new quilting friends and show & tell!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Rita said...

Hi Dawn,

My mother-in-law and I had such a wonderful day yesterday. We really enjoyed Montpelier. It was an extra special treat to finally meet you! As being a faithful reader of your blog, you were just a sweet in person. Have a great day!