Friday, July 3, 2009

Only 16,060 To Go...

This picture hangs on my bedroom wall on my side of the bed. It's hung there for many years even through multiple remodels of the room, and I love it because I see it every day. I'd like to say that I look at it each morning as I get up [birds singing in the background], but the truth is, that most mornings I'm stumbling out of the bed and make my way to the bathroom with my eyes still closed. But I do see it as I lay my head down for sleep at night, and it reminds me to say Thanks.

This morning I did notice it and I'm particularly thankful, because today marks the 16,790th day that God has given me on this earth. One of my little goals is to live to 90, so that gives me only 16,060 to finish all of these quilt and needlework projects that I have...I'd better get crackin' :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

3 comments:

ooglebloops said...

Never thought of it in terms of days - makes it all that much more amazing, doesn't it!!!

Rita said...

Happy Birthday, Dawn. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Dawn said...

Thanks!