Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thimbleberries Club Extra Project

Tonight is the Thimbleberries Club at the shop. I made this little table topper from the extra project pattern for this month, so here's a little sneak peek.

I used my embroidery machine to quilt in the little "Spirograph" type designs in the snowball blocks. It made up quick and easy. Don't we just need some of those types of projects some days!

Also, for those of you doing the Gail Pan Christmas Wish Stitchery BOM, her July block is available. This month's word is Delight. What a great word! Check it out here.

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Dawn what an excellent idea to quilt those blocks on the embroidery machine. Did you embroider the blocks first and then quilt the rest of it or vice-versa?

blushing rose said...

What pretty quilt fabrics. TTFN ~ Marydon
PS Pop over for a visit

Dawn said...

I did all the quilting first, and then did the machine embroidery. (Don't know if that's the "proper" way as I'm new at the machine embroidery, but it worked for me).
Thanks!
~ Dawn