Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finish It Up!

Pat Sloan has issued a Finish It Up Challenge over on her blog. You can read the details here, but in short you can get in the running for a prize if you post before and after pictures of a past project that you take from pieces to a pieced top between now and May 22nd.

So I went into my vault ~ I mean closet ~ that has many projects that look like the one in the above picture, just waiting for me to notice them, and I pulled out this bin.

The Bloomin' Rose swap was from a couple of years back. I have about 20 of these blocks that are rough edge applique. They are intended to be subcut and sewn back together to other blocks for a very scrappy look. Pat had published this in a McCalls magazine a while back.

The little purse swap was one on Pat's swap site that I participated in and here they sit. If I can get these sewn together with some focus fabric, they might make a cute little girl quilt to donate to Mountain Baby Blankets (they need quilts for big kids too).

I have twelve of these blocks all made by others on Pat's Yahoo Swap site. I'll have to go shopping to find a good focus fabric to go with them :)

Then I also have my OP Challenge quilt to finish (it's still in the same condition that I left it in at the end of the online retreat weekend). I'd like to get that one done for me.

Of course I have other things to finish up (Farmer's Market, Calendar Stitchery Blocks, Walk in the Moonlight, Times Remembered, I Believe...the list goes on), along with things for the quilt shop that I've started, and designs for Spring Water Designs. I think it's important though to fit in things that are just for fun/just for me, so I think I'll participate in Pat's challenge and see what I can get to. What do you have that you can Finish Up this Spring?

Enjoy the Day!
~ Dawn

No comments: