Friday, April 17, 2009

Jo's Holiday Inn Show & Tell

For anyone who missed this month's Jo Morton Club meetings here are some Holiday Inn projects that came in for us to enjoy! Above is RoseMary Swartwood's with her great blue border.
This one is Phyllis Miller's, and it's almost done being quilted, which I really admire! I so need to make a goal of quilting one of my Jo mini quilts each month as I'm getting quite a stack of mini quilt tops ~ I'm stacking them near my daughter's Felicity doll, so they look like Felicity's unfinished projects and not mine :)

This is Dawn Burchett's Holiday Inn coming along beautifully, she missed last month, so she just got her pattern for the final borders last night.

Finally, here is my Holiday Inn again. The only change I made to it was that I used little nine patch blocks for the cornerstones to the Flying Geese border. These were from a nine patch swap that I participated in with the Jo Morton Stitchers Yahoo Group a while back, and they were just the right size!
This month I gave out the pattern for the little basket quilt, so if you didn't make the meeting stop in soon and get yours. Next month will be fun to see all the different colorways that these are made in, and I'm sure we will see more finished Holiday Inns coming in!

Today I'm working the shop and then going over to relieve Carolyn and work the evening at the Milltown Guild's Quilt Show. If you can come it runs today 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. and tomorrow 10 am - 4 pm.

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: