Sunday, April 19, 2009

We All Start Somewhere

The other day Dawn Burchett brought in a rag quilt that she made using squares cut from her husband's worn out jeans. It was adorable! Well it reminded me of an early quilt that I made way back in the day. This one was made from strips from my worn out jeans, with some regular cottons added. I made it when my kids were little (probably circa 1990) and it spent many years at the foot of my son's bed when his room was decorated with choo choo trains and blue ticking. It is very warm!

It's a classic Rail Fence pattern that I learned how to do from the book by Marti Michell called Quilting for People Who Don't Have Time to Quilt Book One. I have a copy of this great book right now in my ebay store. We all start somewhere ~ this was one of my first attempts at quilting. Where did you start?

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Rita said...

The rail fence was my first quilt too! It's pink and blue and I still have it. I made many mistakes, but I love it. I took a class based on Mary Ellen Hopkins techniques.