Monday, December 7, 2009

Civil War Sunday and a Kitchen Surprise

Since it was the first weekend of the month, I worked at the shop all weekend. And Sunday was our Civil War Sunday gathering. (These little dittys belong to my husband from his Civil War Reenactment days.)
I made an attempt at a Civil War themed display this month. Here are my Underground Railroad blocks up on the design wall along with two little Civil War Uniform jackets that were made by a customer of ours as Halloween costumes for her twin sons. She let us borrow them, and I thought they made cute props :)

Some of the ladies showed projects that they are stitching on. Missy completed this section of her Cathedral Window quilt in these beautiful muted colors.

Joan let me take a picture of her completed first block from Blackbird Designs', A Cold Wind Blows. She's doing this hand applique with some wonderful reproduction fabrics. Then...

Update Alert:

I came home from work to half a kitchen! Bob has been working like crazy on it, and things are really coming together. We'll be cooking before you know it!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

Karen said...

The Civil War theme and props looks great!
I have been watching your kitchen updates!! This is looking really good!! Your Kitchen is set up some what similar to my parents. I am trying to convince them to do an update. The kitchen in there home has not been updated in over 40 years!I love what I see so far! Keep sharing those kitchen photos! Maybe it will help me to convince them to do it!!! :o)