Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Vintage Apron with a Whimsical Twist

Back in August I was designing these cute vintage style clothespin aprons. This one is made with "Just Dreamy" fabrics by Riley Blake Designs, I love the dots and stripes in this line, they add whimsy to the vintage design!

After multiple mock ups, I came up with this sturdy apron, made with one large pocket the size of the entire apron, so it's great for housework or gardening.

The good news is, now you can get the pattern on the news stands in Quick Quilts Magazine ~ I was excited to see that my little apron even made the front cover :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

7 comments:

FabricFascination said...

That is SO exciting Dawn!

I just bought this magazine and recognized your apron, congrats!

luv2quilt2 said...

Congratulations! I've read 3 posts this morning, and 2 are being published. I'm impressed.

Messy Karen said...

love it. congratulations!

Rita said...

WOW, Dawn! That is truly exciting...and the front cover, too. The apron is so cute! Congratulations.

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

Way to go!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Wonderful Dawn! It's a great design and great fabric to highlight it!

Karen said...

Congratulations on being in the magazine! I can't even begin to imagine how excited you were to have your apron in it!! The apron is very cute! I'll be on the lookout for the magazine next time I go shopping! :0)