Sunday, December 13, 2009

Halls Finally Being Decked

Not much sewing getting done in the Stewart home lately. Mostly just spackling and painting when I'm not working, but I'm finally getting around to acknowledging the Christmas season with a little decorating.

Usually I have all of our decorating done by the first week in December, but with our house in construction phase it's been hard to get in the Spirit. Lisa and Elsie came in for a visit to see some family friends this weekend and I was off work, so we got around to a little decorating. We started with the traditional Nativity Scene on the piano where it goes every year. Ahh, now things were feeling a little better :)

Then we tricked out Grand Daddy's old Lionel Train that lives on my mantel with Christmas packages, wreathes, snowmen...

And of course Santa Claus!

And topped it off with my square wreath and swag on the mirror above the mantel.

Tonight is the annual Christmas Concert at church and we'll all go and hear Heather sing in the Choir, so that should ramp up the Christmas Spirit a bit, and hopefully I can get a little more decorating done.

And in the kitchen update department: I now have my microwave, range, and dishwasher installed (and the old sink temporarily sitting in place), so I can use the kitchen while waiting for the countertop guy to come out and measure this week. I even cooked breakfast inside today, and used the new microwave for popcorn for our annual viewing of The Muppet's Christmas Carol ~ life is good :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: