Thursday, December 31, 2009

Are You Resolute?

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? I find that during this annual period of reflection and self assessment I do better to commit to learn something in the new year, than to make a resolution to change a behavior (with resolutions I usually don't last through February). Last year I decided to really learn to knit, and I also learned some new techie skills on the computer ~ that resulted in new friends through this Blog, Facebook, Twitter, and my Etsy Group: pretty nice huh.

I know that this year I will be learning how to knit socks. I'm signed up for this class at our shop in January, and am looking forward to it because Mary Hull is a great, patient teacher! But you'll find no profound revelations here today, I'm still reflecting on what else will be in store for the start of this next decade. I'm open to suggestions...what are your plans and resolutions for 2010?

And for a little show and tell, this is a hat and scarf set that I just finished knitting. I made one for a gift for someone, and liked it so much I whipped a set up for the Etsy Store!

"Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Enjoy the day ~ and the year!
~ Dawn

3 comments:

FabricFascination said...

I like the quote, and your hat and scarf set. Hope you have a wonderful 2010!

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful scarf and hat set. I too am planning on signing up for a knitting class ;-) Wishing you a happy and blessed New Year.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Nice knitting Dawn! We'll be waiting to see the socks!