Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Patriotic Cuddle Quilt

I finished a custom quilt order for a patriotic cuddle quilt. The customer helped pick out the fabrics, and I like the scrappy look. It was made for a new baby of friends of theirs living outside of the United States.

I mitered the corners on the navy blue ticking striped inner border, combined it with the red bandana fabric from my Rootin Tootin Cowboy quilt, and a nice blue star fabric to finish off the inner borders. I just quilted the whole thing with simple, straight diagonal lines.

I finished it off with a pieced outer border, and used a red and white striped Moda ticking twill tape from the Nantucket line for the binding. Now it's all finished and ready to ship out for Christmas delivery. I hope the new baby and his parents are happy with this patriotic cuddle quilt from their American friends :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: