Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February Sloanie's Club Meeting

Today we had our "Sloanie's" Club meeting at the shop. We are starting A Walk in the Moonlight from Pat Sloan's Learn to Applique book. The first (really dark) picture is my completed background for it. You'll have to take my word for it that it is really pretty ~ I just couldn't get these colors to photograph well. Several people came to the group that will be making this quilt together. The ladies picked out their fabrics for the backgrounds and got started with some cutting today, so we'll have some other Moonlight Walking show-n-tell next month.

Peggy Newman brought in a Pink Flamingo pillowcase that she made for a friend of hers in Florida ~ even though it wasn't a Pat Sloan fabric or pattern, I just had to get a picture of a Pink Flamingo pillowcase! Thanks for sharing Peggy!

Here is my monthly Sew Along block for "I Believe". This month Pat Sloan's Yahoo Group is making the Bird House Block. Her blog Sew Along link has information about this.


I have my "I Believe" quilt top all finished. It was hanging in the quilt shop, but I took it down after the holidays and hopefully will get it quilted up soon ~ My goal is to have it done by next Christmas. Seeing as how we are just entering Lent, I think that's a reasoable goal :)

Enjoy!
~ Dawn

No comments: