Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thimbleberries Club Show & Tell

Tonight was our Thimbleberries Club meeting and all of the ladies are keeping up with their blocks so far! We are doing the light colorway, and the January block was the teal and pink. The ones pictured above are Jean McDonalds (I took a picture of hers to show this months block). Mine are in the finished quilt top that I've just gotten done. As soon as I get it up on the wall ~ hopefully we will be hanging quilts in the shop tomorrow, I'll take a picture of the whole thing.

Below is Anne Troy's Christmas version of the blocks (She's making the block each month in another fabric line along with her Thimbleberries 3's Company fabrics, so she'll have two quilts done at the end of the year!).

Sherry Hazelhurst showed us her finished tablerunner from last year's Thimbleberries club done in the "Lodge" fabric line. We always like seeing projects finished and quilted!

Tomorrow I should have a calendar quilt update. I had a surprise visit from my daughter and son-in-law today and I got to babysit my 18 month old granddaughter! It wasn't what I had planned for the day, but it was a great treat and we had a lot of fun. With Elsie here I didn't get to do much in my sewing room except pull fabric strips ~ she is very good at pulling strips out! So we did alot of "planning" together, and I'm ready to sew some strips and get my January finished and my February caught up.

Enjoy!
~ Dawn

No comments: