Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Little Snowman Block

I'm not getting any sewing done on my machine since my sewing room is still kind of disassembled for the flooring and painting process, but still able to do some evening handwork. Here is my little January block done from "A Tisket A Tasket" BOM (link is on my sidebar for this free Block of the Month from Bunny Hill Designs). I'm doing mine completely from stash scraps. The little snowman is wool, I'll probably add a little wool and buttons each month (I used Hillcreek buttons and you can contact our quilt shop if you can't find them). I did my first block in pretty much the same colors as Anne Sutton, the designer as I really liked her soft colors for this one. But if you want to see this block in many different fabrics and styles you can join the group that Anne started on Flickr where many people are posting their blocks. It's fun to see other interpretations of the same pattern!

Also, wanted to let everyone know we have a lot of new items in the ebay store if you haven't visited recently. We've posted new Quilt books, new fabric and more primitive items going on soon ~ It changes all the time!

Well, I'm off to more painting and shelf building. I should get the closet done today and then can start putting it all back together! Pictures to come!

Enjoy the Day!
~ Dawn

No comments: