Monday, February 2, 2009

A Little Bird Told Me

I don't have any new projects finished this weekend to show, so I thought I'd show you the little visitor I had while working Thursday evening and Friday at the quilt shop. This little guy was stuck inside the Mill (for anyone who doesn't know, our quilt shop is located in an old historic cotton mill that has been restored - this is the view of the Mill Tower from our classroom windows). At first I didn't like him flying over me while I was sewing, but after a while we came to an agreement and he decided to just perch in the windows. He spent most of Friday (which was a beautiful day as you can see) looking out the window and talking to me. I gave him tips on how he could find his way out, and I didn't see him anymore when I worked on Sunday, so I'm sure he got back out!
The reason I don't have any projects finished to show you is kind of good news though. I'm getting a new floor in my sewing room! (I know, I'm supposed to call it a "studio", but to me it's still my little sewing room and I love it). When we built the addition on our house and I got my sewing room, we put down tile on the floor, but 12 years later and many irons dropped on the floor (I am getting better about that little tendancy), it was time for a new one. So on Saturday, I unloaded everything from the room ~ and wow is all I can say about that! I didn't realize how much stuff I had in there. Bob put down a laminate floor that is a rustic wood pattern to match the two bedrooms that are closest to my sewing room. It looks great with the soft yellow color I have on the walls! For some reason, we never painted the trim in the closet way back then (I must have been in a big hurry to fill it and start sewing), so today, I'm going to be painting. Then I'll be spending some time putting everything back in some kind of organized fashion - that may take me all week. I'll post sewing room pictures soon, and show you the view from that window too!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: