Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ikea Treasures

Yesterday was my trip to Virginia to spend the day with Lisa and Elsie. We went to Ikea and here are some of the treasures that I got there. Snipits Jars! They have them in different sizes. I got large ones for small pieces of fabrics (I have a red, white & blue project brewing). I got this idea from RoseMary Swartwood, who uses fishbowls sorted by color for her small scraps.

I bought some of the smaller jars and put my Jo Morton Presentia threads in them. I already have a vintage Ball Canning jar for my buttons, but these would be perfect button jars too.

I got these little guys that I plan to put beads and such in. They were just too cute to leave in the store! I plan to mount a large shelf on one wall and put all my jars there.

We had a great time on our shopping trip! Ikea is a facinating place to explore for anyone who loves to organize. And as Elsie is modeling, you can use Ikea products as home decor, or a hat :) It doesn't get better than that!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

1 comment:

said...

Oh I'm so jealous of your trip! I long to go to an Ikea one day!!!

Rachel
www.rachelcox.blogspot.com