Friday, March 6, 2009

Remembering February


I thought it was time for a Calendar Quilt update. This is my February section all finished. You can see strips in there from the Wizard of Oz projects, my Jo Morton, the "Orange Pile" Challenge weekend, and my "Lights, Camera, Action" quilt. Wow, it makes me realize what a busy month it really was! The strip that I started the month with is to represent the Super Bowl of course. Then there are strips in there that are for the warm Springy day we had as well as one for a the snowy day. I also have strips for my Dad's birthday and Ash Wednesday.
I'm really enjoying putting this scrappy thing together ~ and not purchasing a single fabric to make a whole quilt is a real plus!
I've started my March section and am currently up to date on it. I just have to draw out a shamrock to applique on the top, and I'll post about that one a little later this month. Send me pictures of your Calendar Quilt progress, and remember you can check out the Calendar Quilt blog through the button on my sidebar and see what a lot of other really creative folks are doing with theirs!
Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: