Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunflower Dreamin'

This morning I'm dreaming of the sunflowers I want to plant in my garden this year. I'm getting anxious to get out in the garden now that it's March, but alas nature has reminded me that we still have a wait to go when I woke up to snow today! I'm trying to decide if I want to plant some peas come St Patrick's Day. I used to do that, but haven't for several years. I think this year I will.

I haven't done much sewing this weekend. Spent Friday and most of yesterday tending to Bobby (who is doing much better now after having his wisdom teeth pulled). I got a little hand work done, and some sewing on a customer commission job. In between I've been doing some pattern writing for my next design. It has been accepted for publication in Quilt Magazine. I should have the fabric line in April and I can get to sewing on it, so right now I'm tweaking the pattern and getting everything ready. I'm so excited about this one! It's a Christmas design and will appear in Quilt around the holidays. I'll be making it out of a fabric line designed by Lynette Anderson called Christmas Magic produced by Henry Glass Fabrics.

And I got word that my Root-N Toot-N Cowboy Quilt will be in the June/July issue of Quilt which will be on the newstands in April! If you subscribe to Quilt now, you will probably receive that one as your first issue. I have also been able to find Quilt at Joann's, Walmart and Books-a-Million here locally. Well, I'm off to work at the shop today, and then a visit from my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. They are spending the night tonight and I can play with Elsie all day tomorrow!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: