Monday, March 16, 2009

A Quick Little Project and the New Addition

Here's a peek at the table runner that I made for the Thimbleberries Club extra project this month. I did mine a little differently than the pattern called for. I cut my 3 1/2" strips from one of the TB Twice the Charms rolls. I used chenille on every other seam and quilted with a decorative stitch on the alternate seams. Large rick rack would have been cute too. It was very easy and quick, only about two hours start to finish! It would make a cute scrap project too.

And here is a picture of the "new baby" that I've been nurturing for the last two days. We've spent many hours getting to know each other and I'm starting to establish who is boss. I have all of my important files restored (I highly recommend Carbonite.com ~ made the process very easy!), I just need to install some more software for some of my design stuff. We opted for a desktop pc to replace our old pc and my laptop. I have another laptop for my "other job", and I don't really need two laptops. This gave us way more GBs for the same money. I also got a wireless printer so mine and the kids laptops can print from afar ~ at least in theory, I haven't tried that trick yet. I hope to tackle that today and then I think we are all up and running!

Thank you to everyone who emailed me, or made comments on facebook giving me recommendations on what to look for with the computer shopping! That was helpful in narrowing the search ~ it was kind of mind boggling!

So today is a work at home day and I am definitely wanting to get into my sewing room, I've missed it, and projects are calling my name!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: