Friday, March 13, 2009

So Long ~ But Not Good Bye

Last night was our Thimbleberries club at the shop. Above is one of the completed block sets from last month (These are Karen Watkins' blocks). We had about half our members attend and had a great time, but it was a little "bittersweet" as it was the last night for one of our long time Thimbleberries Club members, Sherry Hazelhurst. We'll miss you Sherry!

These are some signature blocks that Sheri Thompson made for all of us to sign and give to Sherry as she starts her new adventure in Colorado. (I know some of you TB Club members are traveling, and a couple told me they wouldn't be able to make the meeting, so I have some extra blocks for you to sign for Sherry ~ just see me the next time you're in the shop, we want your signatures too!). We also had a really cute card made by Barbara Lanore that all signed.

Along with the food (thanks Barbara & Sheri!) and fun, we had some show and tell too. Above is Ann Hazelwood's adorable wallhanging done in my all time favorite Thimbleberries Halloween fabric, and the little striped inner border was a really nice touch! The pattern was from a Love of Quilting magazine.

This is Jean McDonald's breathtaking Trip Around the World quilt. It's huge ~ so much so, that I didn't get the gorgous border in the picture (the border fabric was just perfect for this quilt). You also can't see in this picture the wonderful quilting that she did on it. She quilted in a large vase with flowers over it and used great colors in the threads. I thought the quilting might show in the picture, because in person it just popped!

This is a cute quilt made by Sandy Lynch. I think she called it Cats in Paris. The fabric line was adorable, and personally I love this color combination. Below is a section of Sandy's pieced back that shows off the quilting that Maria O'haver did on her Statler. There are little mice scurrying all over the quilt ~ too cute!

I also had made the Thimbleberry's Extra Project Tablerunner, and of course forgot to take a picture of it, so I'll do that today at work and post later. I hope you enjoyed the show. It's like going to a mini quilt show at all of our club meetings ~ I'm always amazed!

We had a great time, some stayed, laughing and chatting until the shop closed. We're saying "So Long" to you Sherry, but not "Good Bye". We look forward to seeing you on visits to MD, and as someone pointed out last night, there is a great quilt show in CO, so you may just have some of us popping in on you! :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

No comments: